From Holistic Healing News’s Publisher, Trina Becksted
Happy NEW YOU! YES it’s a new year, so it has to be a new you. One of my favorite quotes from an Existentialism philosophy class in college is from Heraclitus…”You Can’t step into the same river twice.” How nice for us, each day we start is a new beginning. Let’s see it with a fresh face.
What we resist persists. Growth is inevitable; when change occurs we can go kicking and screaming or we can surrender and go with the flow. This is a good lesson for me to learn. For those of you that know me I’m a control freak and VERY driven.
Now I am driven to share what Jere Freidman sent on New Year’s Day below. He’s a friend of mine and great Spiritual Coach. Wonderful way to take stock of 2017, what you have accomplished, how you have grown, AND, now, what you want the new year to hold for you.
Blessings, JOY and LOVE Trina
“Questions for the New Year” from David Allen, author of Getting Things Done.
COMPLETING AND REMEMBERING 2017
- Review the list of all completed projects.
- What was your biggest triumph in 2017?
- What was the smartest decision you made in 2017?
- What one word best sums up and describes your 2017 experience?
- What was the greatest lesson you learned in 2017?
- What was the most loving service you performed in 2017?
- What is your biggest piece of unfinished business in 2017?
- What are you most happy about completing in 2017?
- Who were the three people that had the greatest impact on your life in 2017?
- What was the biggest risk you took in 2017?
- What was the biggest surprise in 2017?
- What important relationship improved the most in 2017?
- What compliment would you liked to have received in 2017?
- What compliment would you liked to have given in 2017?
- What else do you need to do or say to be complete with 2017?
CREATING THE NEW YEAR
- What would you like to be your biggest triumph in 2018?
- What advice would you like to give yourself in 2018?
- What is the major effort you are planning to improve your financial results in 2018?
- What would you be most happy about completing in 2018?
- What major indulgence are you willing to experience in 2018?
- What would you most like to change about yourself in 2018?
- What are you looking forward to learning in 2018?
- What do you think your biggest risk will be in 2018?
- What about your work, are you most committed to changing and improving in 2018?
- What is one as yet undeveloped talent you are willing to explore in 2018?
- What brings you the most joy and how are you going to do or have more of that in 2018?
- Who or what, other than yourself, are you most committed to loving and serving in 2018?
- What one word would you like to have as your theme in 2018?